Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

Posted Sep 13, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi there, 

I'd like to explore the uses of air monitors. I'm looking for technical documents but I can't seem to find any(features, best practices, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jeremy

• 2.  RE: Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

Posted Sep 13, 2017 05:03 PM

Came back to this in the afternoon, I was able to find this, which is related.

www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/TG_WIP.pdf

• 3.  RE: Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 10:08 PM

@NAS.Pager wrote:

Hi there, 

I'd like to explore the uses of air monitors. I'm looking for technical documents but I can't seem to find any(features, best practices, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Please see the document here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/5428/1/tb_air_monitors.pdf

• 4.  RE: Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:04 PM

I just finished reading the tech briefing. That's a huge help in explaning the capabilities of air monitors. Thanks for posting that.

We currently have one setup in our wireless network. We have AirWave. Is there a separate view that shows information from the AM? 

Also, is there an air monitor best practices guide?

• 5.  RE: Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 04:28 AM

Airwave shows all of the IDS/IPS information on the Rapids TAB.

The document that was sent pretty much says it all about Air monitors.  You would typically deploy them if you want protection.  You should definitely be warned or seek legal advice if you want to use active countermeasures, because the FCC in the US has not been clear based on what is legal and not legal.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/The-FCC-has-clarified-their-stance-on-wireless-containment-but/m-p/226342#M46143