Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

Hi there, 

I'd like to explore the uses of air monitors. I'm looking for technical documents but I can't seem to find any(features, best practices, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Exploring air monitors. Need direction.

Came back to this in the afternoon, I was able to find this, which is related.

www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/TG_WIP.pdf

Highlighted
Guru Elite

NAS.Pager wrote:

Hi there, 

I'd like to explore the uses of air monitors. I'm looking for technical documents but I can't seem to find any(features, best practices, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Please see the document here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/5428/1/tb_air_monitors.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I just finished reading the tech briefing. That's a huge help in explaning the capabilities of air monitors. Thanks for posting that.

We currently have one setup in our wireless network. We have AirWave. Is there a separate view that shows information from the AM? 

Also, is there an air monitor best practices guide?

Guru Elite

Airwave shows all of the IDS/IPS information on the Rapids TAB.

The document that was sent pretty much says it all about Air monitors.  You would typically deploy them if you want protection.  You should definitely be warned or seek legal advice if you want to use active countermeasures, because the FCC in the US has not been clear based on what is legal and not legal.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/The-FCC-has-clarified-their-stance-on-wireless-containment-but/m-p/226342#M46143

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: