Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Group glabal in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Group glabal in Airwave

Posted Mar 14, 2013 09:35 AM

Hi,

I am ordering 2000 APs in Airwave and I would create a global group and into this global group other groups because I have to make more than 160 groups. I'm doing so but Groups > List displays all me all groups, the global and normal. Can I do a global group and in another group and I only show the global? There are many groups that I have to create an I need something  to group.

Thanks 
    Regards

Sara

• 2.  RE: Group glabal in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2013 12:19 PM

Let me see if I've understood you well. You're asking for a hierarchical view of the groups, aren't you?

• 3.  RE: Group glabal in Airwave

Posted Mar 15, 2013 05:26 AM

Hi Samuel, 

Yes, I want a hierarchical view of groups, each group accessing appear more groups.

Thanks

Regards

• 4.  RE: Group glabal in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2013 01:55 PM

Hey Sara

I've been trying to do what you suggest and haven't found a way to do so. I imagine that Airwave wasn't designed thinking in such an heterogeneous network. Nevertheless, I've thought of a workaround that could be useful in your case.

In the groups tab you have the possibility to order using the criteria "Is a global group" and "Global group". With these two you can have your global groups first when you're looking for them and you can order by global group if you're looking for a specific one. I know it's not preety, but it may do the trick.

Best regards

• 5.  RE: Group glabal in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2013 12:49 PM

Sara,

I'm trying to understand more of your usage case.  Is there a reason for having 160 groups?  Groups are meant for configuration, so if you can condense the 160 without using global groups, that may be better.  If you're trying to partition the groups for viewing, then you may be thinking of folders.

With folders, you can have a Top folder that encompasses everything with several subfolders.  And then the subfolders can have additional subfolders.  The concept of subfolders is not there for groups.

• 6.  RE: Group glabal in Airwave

Posted Sep 24, 2014 05:55 AM

Hello,

excuse me to reply on such an old topic.

We deploy some IAPs worldwide, all the IAPs have nearly identical configurations. My problem is the regulatory domain.

Is it possible or a good practice to put a german IAP and an american IAP in one group?

Best regards,

Marcel

• 7.  RE: Group glabal in Airwave

Posted Sep 24, 2014 08:30 AM

I found a solution. It is very simple with a global group and one local group per country.