Network Management

New Contributor

Having problems moving APs from one group to another

I created a group for a building and after construction they changed the name of the building so I created a new group with the new name but can move the AP's into new group I hjave 215 AP's and a 7210 Controller.

Guru Elite

Re: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

Where are you having problems moving it?

You should go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation to change the AP groups of devices.  The APs have to reboot when you change groups.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Was unable to move 14 out 16, had 2 that would allow the move the rest after apply and reboot went back to the original location. Question firmware on AP's

Guru Elite

Moving APs from one group to another should work every time. Please open a tac case so that they can diagnose your issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Try to look at -> Network > Controller >Control Plane Security 

if Enabled look check "Number of AP Whitelist Entries" Maybe some of them are listed there as whitelist and thus blocked from movement. 

In my case it helps: 

first change Control plane security entry to proper ip-group than from AP installation > provision AP to different group.

should this happen again in the future, the 1st thing to check is the license key.  Also keep watch for errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log when attempting to move the devices between groups.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: