Network Management

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove IAP from Airwave

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  How to remove IAP from Airwave

Posted Jan 29, 2015 03:48 PM

Hi,

Found the answer myself right after I posted here...

Capture.PNG

Go to Groups and select the Group the Down AP belongs to. Then sroll down to find "Modify Devices". Then from the new Dropdowns shows underneath, select delete selected device.

We have a Airwave virtual Appliance, v 8.0.6.1. We set it up as POC with 2 IAPs.

Now we are moving the stuff into production with a new IAP215s. I disconnected the demo IAPs from network and they are shown as Down on Airwave. But I can not find a place to delete those Down IAPs from Airwave...

Please suggest.

Thanks,

/S

• 2.  RE: How to remove IAP from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2015 12:43 PM

Worth noting that if the AP is still up and pointing to AirWave as management, it will reappear due to the org string and iap secret match.

• 3.  RE: How to remove IAP from Airwave

Posted Aug 19, 2016 11:25 AM

How do you remove the Org string from instant when it's managed by airwave?

• 4.  RE: How to remove IAP from Airwave

Posted Oct 27, 2022 02:29 PM
    I've had to reboot the AirWave so the IAP WebUI was available to edit and I was able to remove the AirWave information. I believe that disconnecting the network connection/cable from AirWave would be enough to IAP detect that AirWave is down and enable the management menus at IAP WebUI interface.

• 5.  RE: How to remove IAP from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2022 04:24 PM
    Another way to do this would be, going to the instant config page --> Menu --> Airwave --> Airwave setting --> set the option "Allow Configuration Of AirWave Settings:" to yes and save it.

Once done Navigate to Menu --> System --> Admin. This time, Airwave settings options wont be greyed out and we can remove the Airwave details from the page and do a save and apply. This will remove the IAP from being managed by Airwave and you should be able to make changes directly on device.

------------------------------
    Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)
    ------------------------------