Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

Posted Feb 26, 2017 09:47 PM

I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new controller with firmware version 6.4.4.10. will there be any problems when migrating to the new controllers? Will my existing access points connect to the new controller?

• 2.  RE: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

Posted Feb 26, 2017 09:54 PM
    What controller and APs do you currently have in production?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

Posted Feb 26, 2017 10:20 PM

We have AP 215 and aruba 7030 controller

• 4.  RE: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

Posted Feb 26, 2017 10:37 PM
    1- I suggest you upgrade your current environment 6.4.4.10 this will make transition a bit smoother to the new controller running the same code version
    2- from the HPE support portal transfer the licenses to the new controller and then apply the licenses keys to the new controller
    3- if you have any certs installed you will need to transfer those manually since those are not included in the backup
    4- perform a backup and restore to the new controller
    5- if you keep the same ip for management then all you have to do is unplug the existing controller from the network and plug the new one

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

Posted Feb 27, 2017 12:19 AM

what if we downgrade the new controller  because the client doesn't want us to change the existing controller? will it work?

• 6.  RE: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2017 12:59 AM
    Yes

Get Outlook for iOS

• 7.  RE: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

Posted Feb 26, 2017 10:37 PM
    1- I suggest you upgrade your current environment 6.4.4.10 this will make transition a bit smoother to the new controller running the same code version
    2- from the HPE support portal transfer the licenses to the new controller and then apply the licenses keys to the new controller
    3- if you have any certs installed you will need to transfer those manually since those are not included in the backup
    4- perform a backup and restore to the new controller
    5- if you keep the same ip for management then all you have to do is unplug the existing controller from the network and plug the new one

Get Outlook for iOS