Network Management

Contributor I

I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new co

I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new controller with firmware version 6.4.4.10. will there be any problems when migrating to the new controllers? Will my existing access points connect to the new controller?

MVP

Re: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new

What controller and APs do you currently have in production?

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor I

Re: I have an existing controller with firmware version 6.4.2.3 and we are going to migrate to a new

We have AP 215 and aruba 7030 controller

MVP

1- I suggest you upgrade your current environment 6.4.4.10 this will make transition a bit smoother to the new controller running the same code version
2- from the HPE support portal transfer the licenses to the new controller and then apply the licenses keys to the new controller
3- if you have any certs installed you will need to transfer those manually since those are not included in the backup
4- perform a backup and restore to the new controller
5- if you keep the same ip for management then all you have to do is unplug the existing controller from the network and plug the new one

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
MVP

1- I suggest you upgrade your current environment 6.4.4.10 this will make transition a bit smoother to the new controller running the same code version
2- from the HPE support portal transfer the licenses to the new controller and then apply the licenses keys to the new controller
3- if you have any certs installed you will need to transfer those manually since those are not included in the backup
4- perform a backup and restore to the new controller
5- if you keep the same ip for management then all you have to do is unplug the existing controller from the network and plug the new one

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Contributor I

what if we downgrade the new controller  because the client doesn't want us to change the existing controller? will it work?

MVP

Yes

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: