Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 19, 2016 08:33 AM

Hi community,

I´ve a deployment with some instant clusters, in airwave I have a group for every location eg Orlando,Berlin,Rom and so on. The instants are managed in airwave (instant config). Is it possible to deploy a new ssid over all groups (locations) or is it possible to copy config snippets from one group to an other and I must not configure the ssid on all groups?

Thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2016 08:15 AM

With Instant UI in Airwave, this is not possible. If the configurations are all similar w.r.t SSID and RF, then I would recommend all sites be part of one group. Then you can accomplish this task. 

• 3.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 21, 2016 03:32 AM

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but when I put all the locations in one group, the vlan ids and the IP-addresses must must be the same for all the location right?

thanks

• 4.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 23, 2016 11:24 AM

you can have multiple IAP clusters in one group and with overrides have some differences.

• 5.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 25, 2016 08:03 AM

what do you mean with overrides have some difference? Can you tell me a little bit more about?

Thanks

Leon

• 6.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 25, 2016 02:53 PM

just try it out, if you use the instant GUI config you have a general name for your group

if you click the + before the name of the group you will see the different clusters in that group

there you can for example change the VLAN for a SSID per cluster

i can't find a nice example or such online, but the idea is mentioned here also: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Airwave-Instant-GUI-Config-Global-configuration-with-group-based/td-p/240400

• 7.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 28, 2016 10:35 AM

Ok, I think that it. Thank you.

But now I´ve an other problem, when the IAPs are in monitor only mode in airwave and I´ve some SSIDs configured on it, I want to put the IAPs of all location in one Group and change them frome monitor only to read/write mode. My Config on the IAPs is not longer availible, I´ve an IAP cluster with no ssid on it. Is there a way to put all my IAP clusters in one group and change the mode to mangage mode without loosing the configured ssids and options on my instant clusters?

Thanks

• 8.  RE: IAP management in Airwave iap clusters

Posted Jan 30, 2016 08:56 AM

kind tricky to judge what you exactly did. but in principle you should be able to change between monitor and managed without loosing configuration. did you indeed just make that change or also changed from group to group or did something else?

also once you got to managed mode you can't manage them anymore on the IAP, you don't expect to be able to do both right?

[edit] or are you now trying to move all clusters to one new group with managed mode on? start with importing one cluster in a new group, have that pickup the config and then get the rest there.