Network Management

New Contributor

Installation and Config of SNMP Client for External Monitoring of Airwave Server

Hello Everyone,

Wondering if i could gather some help with regards to monitoring Airwave.

We have a monitoring service that needs to poll the airwave system for monitoring with UP/Down Icmp and SNMP monitoring. However I can't seem to get this to work.

What is the initial setup of this.

I have access to the Airwave server but hot the host server.

I can access via SSH command line and the GUI but no other way.

How would I go about setting up an snmp client on the Airwave system?

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Installation and Config of SNMP Client for External Monitoring of Airwave Server

Hi James,

You want to montior the UP/Down status of Airwave server or devices which Airwave montioring through exteranal NMS server?

We have triggers for APs device down/up and  system resources trigger for CPU and memory utilization in system>trigger page. We could set trigger condition and export to external NMS server.

In AMP Setup -> NMS, download the AMP MIBs and upload them into your external SNMP, and then assign the proper reaction from your external SNMP.

Regards,

Pavan

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
New Contributor

Re: Installation and Config of SNMP Client for External Monitoring of Airwave Server

Hi Pavon,

No nothing to do with the AP's at this point.

I purely want to monitor the Airwave server and its services/resource.

So I would be looking to monitor without the use of Traps.

CPU

Memory

Disk Space

Network Interfaces

etc, etc

So its purely our NMS > Poller > Airwave monitoring. Not Airwaive to NMS.

We need to be able to poll airwave from an SNMP Monitoring tool.

Hi

follow this article

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/Setup-snmpd-on-AirWave-for-read-based-SNMP-monitoring/ta-p/214801

Regards,

pavan

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
New Contributor

Really not interested in starting a flame war, but is this possible on 8.2.4?
New Contributor

@wrote:
Really not interested in starting a flame war, but is this possible on 8.2.4?

Hello, I would also like to learn how it's possible to set up SNMP monitoring. I'm in 8.2.5 and am trying to configure HP IMC and Observium to work, but no SNMP types are working (1-3).

Please advise

New Contributor

Even following the previous mentioned guides to the installation and setup of SNMP for Airwave, it is still not fully funtional. I do think HP/Aruba should provide this as a standard to help their customer's provide a fully monitored solution.

-edit since i just read through the whole thread-

I haven't dug into that code for a long time, but enabling the NMS setup used to take care of the SNMPD setup in the background when enabled - sending traps.  And then you'd import the AMP mibs into whatever monitoring tool you're using to translate the traps.

Otherwise it'd be a feature request to get the SNMPD configurable for polling.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
New Contributor

wrote:

Did you ever try the AMP Setup -> NMS section?  I haven't dug into that code for a long time, but it used to take care of the SNMPD setup in the background when enabled.  And then you'd import the AMP mibs into whatever monitoring tool you're using.

Hello, yes I have. SNMP is configured, and I've tried all 3 versions on ports 161 and 162, but am still receiving errors from both Observium and HPE IMC. Is there a log file I can attach? Thanks.

Highlighted

Sorry, you might have missed my edit.  So the code in-place generates SNMP traps based on events/triggers.  It doesn't setup SNMPD for polling.  It's a feature request to add into the ideas portal.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: