Network Management

New Contributor

Re: Installation and Config of SNMP Client for External Monitoring of Airwave Server

Hi,

This is what is need the SNMPd for polling not just for Traps.

When you say feature request would this be achargeable as I would of thought monitoring a system is standard these day's?

Kind Regards,

James Clayton

New Contributor

Re: Installation and Config of SNMP Client for External Monitoring of Airwave Server

wrote:

Sorry, you might have missed my edit.  So the code in-place generates SNMP traps based on events/triggers.  It doesn't setup SNMPD for polling.  It's a feature request to add into the ideas portal.

That's disappointing. Thank you.

@ wrote:

This is what is need the SNMPd for polling not just for Traps.

When you say feature request would this be achargeable as I would of thought monitoring a system is standard these day's?

When the AMPCLI menu was introduced, there were a lot of things that users had control of that were missing.  8.2.5.1's introduction of the 'enter commands' option began to handle some things like date, top, daemons, while 8.2.6 will add ping, traceroute, snmpwalk, and some other cmds.

This thread is the 1st feedback about needing SNMPD poll-able, which means it wasn't on the radar from development/QA - that's where it'd be a feature request so that it reaches the product team.  Filing it just lets the product team know that it's something you'd like to see, and other customers can help upvote the idea since usually the requests with the most votes get implemented.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
New Contributor

@
When the AMPCLI menu was introduced, there were a lot of things that users had control of that were missing. 

Surely there would be a roadmap to reintroduce those features?

Highlighted

There is a roadmap that is being worked off of, but it's didn't have the above usage case.  This probably means the sample of customers who provided feedback didn't utilized external monitoring of AMP.

Rob Gin
Occasional Contributor I

we would also need an external monitoring of the airwave server, because the hard disk is always full and the trigger function of the airwave is not suitable for this.
please let us know when this feature is coming.

Occasional Contributor II

Is there already a feature request added for this?

We would also like to have this feature because of monitoring of full disks.

The innovation portal only shows 1 vote on the 2 entries I'm watching:

Poll AirWave SNMPD: https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/MISC-I-585

Poll AirWave SNMPv3: https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/NMS-I-431

These need more votes if PLM is going to try to push for making the change.

Rob Gin
Occasional Contributor II

Is an end customer allowed to vote for this?

I am not able to login into the innovate portal.

New Contributor

Hi Rob,

These links do not work.

I have tried searching the innovation site individually as well and no joy.

Please can you re-post.

@rginwrote:

The innovation portal only shows 1 vote on the 2 entries I'm watching:

Poll AirWave SNMPD: https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/MISC-I-585

Poll AirWave SNMPv3: https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/NMS-I-431

These need more votes if PLM is going to try to push for making the change.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: