Network Management

New Contributor

Is Airwave 7.5.6 version compatible with os 6.3.

Hi there
I have a customer having Airwave server running version 7.5.6 and are planning to deploy AP225 for a new site using 3600 controllers.
For AP225 the controller must run OS 6.3. My concern is wether the Airwave software version 7.5.6 is compatible with OS 6.3??

I appreciate your input regarding this.
Thanks
A M Nassiri
Aruba

Re: Is Airwave 7.5.6 version compatible with os 6.3.

Airwave 7.5.x will work with AOS 6.3, however you will be missing fields, dashboards, and descriptions on devices that Airwave 7.7.x will bring forward.  

If I make the assumption here you are using Airwave in read-only mode.  in this mode, newer devices, like AP-225, will likely show up as 'unknown' or have unpredictable descriptions.  Bad news of course.    My recommendation is to have Airwave and AOS version 'match' current levels for maximum compatibility.

If you are using Airwave in Read-Write mode, it won't work well as some new settings (VHT for dot11ac as an example) would be missing.  Again, recommendation, upgrade if possible.

Upgrading Airwave is typically a straightforward endeavour... within 1-2 hours max the system is ready to go.   Is there a specific limitation where the customer wants to stay with 7.5 ?

JF

Aruba

Hi there, Support for ArubaOS 6.3 is resident in Airwave 7.7.x so would suggest an upgrade if that is the code base you are intending to run!

Note that you can't go direclty from 7.5.6 to 7.7.x as there as a CentOS change during that span. Best bet is to back up your data, install from a fresh 7.7.5 ISO available from the Support page and you'll ensure compatibility within your deployment.

Cheers, Adam

| Adam Kennedy, Systems Engineer - adamk@hpe.com

| Service Providers – Aruba, an HPE Company

| Twitter: @adam8021x | Airheads: akennedy
New Contributor

Hi and thanks you so much for the detailed input regarding this matter,

The only limtation the client is having to upgrade to latest version is their change process which takes months to do.

I have informed them of the issues and hope that will happen soon.

Once again thanks and I appreicate your time.

A M Nassiri

New Contributor

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for the information really appreciate it.

A M Nassiri

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: