Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:10 PM

After running the stig.pl script, I am trying to revert the config back to allow root SSH access.

I understand that you can create a new user and use sudo to get root access, but I am instructed by my superiors to revert back to allowing root access.

Anyways my real issues is that I am trying to reinstall AirWave and it will not boot the DVD I created. I downloaded the AirWave 8.2.1.1 install iso file from the Aruba Support Site and created a DVD. I tried both DVD format and the "USB-like" DVD format. Neither are recognized by AirWave.

I inserted the DVD, rebooted AirWave, and it just continues to boot as usual until the login prompts appear.

So my question is how do I get AirWave to boot the DVD, or is there a way to just do a factory reset to the configurations to allow root access again after running the stig.pl stript?

• 2.  RE: Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:35 PM

Are you trying to start over from scratch?  How was Airwave installed in the first place?

• 3.  RE: Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

Posted Jul 21, 2016 01:04 PM

Yes, start over from scratch. It's a hardware appliance preloaded by aruba. Currently running 8.2 (CentOS 6.2).