Network Management

New Contributor

Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

After running the stig.pl script, I am trying to revert the config back to allow root SSH access.

I understand that you can create a new user and use sudo to get root access, but I am instructed by my superiors to revert back to allowing root access.

Anyways my real issues is that I am trying to reinstall AirWave and it will not boot the DVD I created. I downloaded the AirWave 8.2.1.1 install iso file from the Aruba Support Site and created a DVD. I tried both DVD format and the "USB-like" DVD format. Neither are recognized by AirWave.

I inserted the DVD, rebooted AirWave, and it just continues to boot as usual until the login prompts appear.

So my question is how do I get AirWave to boot the DVD, or is there a way to just do a factory reset to the configurations to allow root access again after running the stig.pl stript?

Guru Elite

Re: Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

Are you trying to start over from scratch?  How was Airwave installed in the first place?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Issues trying to boot AirWave install DVD

Yes, start over from scratch. It's a hardware appliance preloaded by aruba. Currently running 8.2 (CentOS 6.2).

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: