Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

License warning in AirWave

Hi guys,

I have an AMP with a license for 16 APs, but currently the cluster have 17 APs. At the top right of the dashboard I can see the following warning:

warning.PNG

Of course this warning is because there is one more AP the AMP is licensed for, but because of that am I limited to something? Maybe I only can configure 16 APs and not 17? Or maybe I can monitor 16 APs and not 17? So my question is what is the problem of exceeding the number of APs according to the license?

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

Re: License warning in AirWave

Hi Julian,

In Home page we see license usage prompt message based on License APs Usage Threshold (5-100): setting in AMP Setup > General page.

Example if we have 100 license and set threshold to 90, once Airwave license usage reaches 90 it will prompt message that 90% of your licnese been utlized.

In your case license usage exceeded and we no longer able to add new deivces to Airwave. You could montior and mange all your 17 devices.

Note: We allow few devices even license usage got exceeded but later we no longer able to add or discover devices.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your response. Then, if I have 16 licenses but 17 APs and I am able to manage all these APs, I understand this is because we allow few devices even license usage got exceeded as you said. Do you know the number of devices we allow over the license usage?

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

Not sure exact number but it will be in low value. Since your license got exceeded I would recommand to buy new license, instead trying to add new devices and check status.

Regards,

Pavan

Hi Pavan,

I will not try to add new devices and check the status. I only asked for curiosity. Many thanks!

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: