Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Location for this Client is static

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Location for this Client is static

Posted May 19, 2017 02:46 PM

When I place a wireless desktop in its static location and set it on the map when I refresh the map it moves it to a different location.  I am not sure I am doing the process correctly.

I place the device.

I click on Properties.

I check Location for this client is static

i press Save.

thanks for any advice.

• 2.  RE: Location for this Client is static

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2017 03:19 PM

Please share screenshot for better understand.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: Location for this Client is static

Posted May 19, 2017 03:48 PM

I am adding three png files.

airwave one.png

shows where airwave thinks the device is.  I move it to the correct location and check the set static location and click save.  This is

airwave two.png 

Then when I click to show one level up and comeback down one level  It is moved to the lower right hand corner as in

airwave three.png.

If I uncheck the box it will then go back to where it was in the beginning.

• 4.  RE: Location for this Client is static

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2017 03:30 PM

Adding to my previous post

Client location accuracy is depend on number of APs hearing that particular client with good signal strength  and floor plan dimension.

If only one AP hearing that particular client with lower singnal strenght then we can not expect exact location. VisualRF place client randomly on different location with in APs coverage area on floor.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Location for this Client is static

Posted May 19, 2017 03:56 PM

"If only one AP hearing that particular client with lower singnal strenght then we can not expect exact location. VisualRF place client randomly on different location with in APs coverage area on floor."

I understand this.  I was under the impression that setting the devices with the static location checked would stop airwave from trying to locate it.  If I am not understanding the static setting please let me know.

thanks again for your reply to this.

• 6.  RE: Location for this Client is static

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 06:04 AM

May I know where you check the static location option? could you please share the screen shot.

Regards,

Pavan

• 7.  RE: Location for this Client is static

Posted May 22, 2017 03:06 PM
      |   view attached

on visual rf after selecting the client then select properties at the bottom is the check box.

• 8.  RE: Location for this Client is static

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2017 05:29 AM

Hi,

Could you open TAC ticket to check why client moving to different location though we enable static location option.

Regards,

Pavan