Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Login attemps for airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Login attemps for airwave

Posted Jun 01, 2016 04:07 PM
    Hello I would like to know how many bad login attemps does airwave accept until it disable your account? It is posssible to change this value? Also if its possible to see anywhere with cli this information? like how many bad login attemps is configured? Cheers Carlos

• 2.  RE: Login attemps for airwave

Posted Jun 02, 2016 10:45 AM

Anyone??

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Login attemps for airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 10:49 AM

The account locks after 10 attempts. You'd have to dig into SQL commands to check the number of attempts.

Sounds like an RFE for seeing it in the GUI.

• 4.  RE: Login attemps for airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:18 AM

I answered something similar a while back, see:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Airwave-Password-Recovery/m-p/34149/highlight/true#M351

------figured I'd copy my reply here------

Keep in mind that in AMP 8+, there's an additional column 'is_enabled' that should be set to 1.  You may also need to reset 'login_attempts' as well (by default, the max login attempts is 10 tries before account is disabled).

# dbc "select * from users where username='admin';"

-[ RECORD 1 ]---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    id | 1
    username | admin
    password | 2cf94b0aea63ebf7bf41c90fe500603e
    role_id | 5
    full_name |  admin
    email |  admin@blank.com
    phone |  555-555-5555
    notes |
    password_format | md5
    login_attempts | 0
    is_enabled | 1

------and answering the rest of your question------

1) You can parse for login attempts on the /var/log/httpd/access_log

2) If 10 login attempts is not enough, you can set it to a higher value like so:

# dbc 'update seas_config set max_login_attempts=100'

Keep in mind that the more attempts allowed, the more open you allow the system to be against brute force attacks from the UI.

3) The users.login_attempts are reset after a successful login.

4) When users.login_attempts meets the value of seas_config.max_login_attempts, is_enabled is set to 0 which means the account is disabled and requires an admin user to reset (admin users can re-enable accounts from the AMP Setup -> Users page)

• 5.  RE: Login attemps for airwave

Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:26 AM

Hello Rob

The client ask me if there was a way to see in the config that the max client attemps is set to 10.

Liek if i were on a switch and i do like a show run and i see that value set on it somehwere in it.

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: Login attemps for airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:29 AM

Unless they changed it, it's default is 10.

# dbc 'select max_login_attempts from seas_config;'

The ouput should be considered as max login attempts allowed prior to user account getting disabled / lock out.

• 7.  RE: Login attemps for airwave

Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:31 AM

thanks!! this command works on airwave 7?

• 8.  RE: Login attemps for airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:38 AM

No, this feature was implemented in a sub 8.0.x release.  I'd have to load a 7.7 server to check what the behavior was back then.  At this point though, no one should be on 7.7 since 8.0.11.2 should be very stable ::thumps up emoticon:: (posted to support site last Friday).