Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches

Posted Jul 27, 2018 05:51 PM

Hey guys,

Figured this would have been asked before, but I couldn't find anything after a good search.

We have been monitoring our APs for a while now with Airwave. Looking to move switch monitoring over to Airwave for our 2930 series switches.

No Aruba switches seem to be present in the device listing for manually adding devices. There is a very limited assortment of HPE Procurve.

What should I use to add 2930 series switches? The Aruba device category assumes it is a wireless access point.

Thanks!

image.png

• 2.  RE: Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 28, 2018 01:44 AM
    I’ve added them before as “Aruba Device” and never had any issues :)

• 3.  RE: Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2018 04:12 AM
    Hi

Make sure you are running the latest version of AirWave and add the Aruba 2930f as an Aruba device and you are good to go!

Works fine. The add device settings for an Aruba device are used by selecting the Aruba device, then AirWave does its ‘magic’ and will put it in as a switch with all the features: viewing ports, wired clients, topology and much more!

Hope this helps

• 4.  RE: Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches

Posted Feb 14, 2020 09:03 PM

attempted the same thing today (adding Aruba 2930 to AMP) and it failed the first time.  Then, I added SNMP v3 community, user, and enabled SNMPv3 and it failed using those same creds on AMP.  Then, I tried the same using SNMPv2c with a community and got the same result.  I have tried every combination of using telnet/ssh, community, and user fields and always get an "SNMP get failed".

I was able to add CPPM to AMP just fine though, but not 2930 switches.

I want to start from scratch now. 

What specific config on the 2930 needs to be configured?  ,,,AND ...

What specific config on AMP needs to be configured on the DEVICE--> ADD page (ssh ? community ? user ?)

• 5.  RE: Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 15, 2020 02:43 AM

Might be worth starting a new thread as this is years old When AirWave reports it as failed, under the device management properties it will say why its failed e.g Ping, SNMP etc. What is the reason yours is failing?

Also what version of AirWave and 2930F firmware are you running?

• 6.  RE: Manually Adding Aruba 2930 series switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2020 07:36 AM

Default Airwave uses snmpv2 protocol, if you want to use SNMPv3 then you need to change protocol version under Groups>Basic>Aruba > SNMP Version section.

We need to add device from Devices>Add page and provide IP address and community string , if you want to monitor using snmpv2, else need to provide snmv3 user details and protocols and change version in group>basic page to V3