Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Mismatched AP names in Airwave with Master Local setup

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mismatched AP names in Airwave with Master Local setup

Posted Sep 27, 2013 01:43 AM

Hi Guys,

I've got an issue with an installation where i have master local controller hierarchy tied into Airwave.

The issue i've got is that some of the AP's were renamed using the local controllers and not the masters. This has resulted in them mismatching their configuration in Airwave as the Group configuration for Airwave still shows the default mac address name and not hte modified name.

I realise that if i rename the AP's using the master this doesn't occur.

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions or tricks to do a bulk rename / reimport of these mismatched AP's in Airwave?

The AP names that are provisioned are correct, u just need to clear up the mismatch.

Scott

• 2.  RE: Mismatched AP names in Airwave with Master Local setup
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:08 AM

In airwave you can select all the mismatch named APs, choose modify, then click the "import settings" button.  This should pull in their current name into airwave.

• 3.  RE: Mismatched AP names in Airwave with Master Local setup

Posted Sep 27, 2013 05:50 PM

thanks, i didn't realise i could do that from that screen, exactly what i was looking for. Thankyou!

• 4.  RE: Mismatched AP names in Airwave with Master Local setup

Posted Jul 17, 2015 10:40 AM

I am having a similar issue.  I have three iAPs in a group of 128 that would not take their names when entered in Airwave.  I change the mode in Airwave back to Monitor and renamed the iAPs at the VC.  Now Airwave shows them as Mismatched.  

I see where I can see only these three mismatched iAPs but not where I can "import settings" for them.  I am using Airwave 8.0.8.1.   

Is the "import settings" button still available?

Just found it.  Thanks.