Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

Posted Dec 17, 2013 11:16 AM

I have a question about the VisualRF feature in Airwave.

I have Airwave 7.7.5 installed. When I go to Visual RF and click the 'Health' or Ch Utilization check box, I don't see any results.

When I click the other options(Heatmap, Sensor Coverage, Speed,) the results appear without delay.

However, if I select 'Health' or 'Ch. Utilization' , the floor plan appears. But, I don't see any results/stats. Just a floor drawing showing the APs.

I have both APs and Spectrum Sensors enabled in our environment. What do I need to configure to see 'Health' and 'Ch. Utilization' in VisualRF

• 2.  RE: No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

• 3.  RE: No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

Posted Dec 17, 2013 11:40 AM

Thanks for the info.

I checked the document. I see that the steps to configure apply to OS 6.3.0.1 ONLY.

Currently, I have 6.2.1.4 installed on a 3400 series controller. Is it possible to enable AMON on a 3400 series controller?

Will the same commands apply?

• 4.  RE: No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

Posted Dec 17, 2013 02:05 PM

AMON works on 6.2 as well

It should be the same commands

• 5.  RE: No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2013 02:11 PM

In 6.2, the difference is that there's no mgmt-server profiles.  So the command is shortened to:
    # mgmt-server type amp primary-server <ip.address>

This enables AMON for all topics that were available during that release.

In 6.3, the concept of profiles was created since the data can now be pointed to either and AirWave or ALE server.

• 6.  RE: No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

Posted Dec 18, 2013 09:31 AM

Thanks for the info and assistance.

One last question. When I apply the change to the wireless controller, will the wireless user be impacted? Will the change cause the controller or APs to restart or drop in end user wireless connectivity? 

• 7.  RE: No Results from Health/Ch Utilization Overlay in Airwave Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2013 10:24 AM

Users would not be impacted.  APs will not be rebooted.  This is only a communication to AirWave level change.  So instead of being solely SNMP (polling and traps), you're also going to be getting data over AMON.  Don't forget to double check your firewall as AMON is UDP packets over port 8211.