Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

Posted Jun 14, 2012 02:42 PM

I've configured an Airwave account for my helpdesk team. I've tried this with a number of different combinations of settings under the associated role type and access level without luck.

What I'm trying to achieve, is permission for them to acknowledge alerts and look at everything in the top folder (i.e. read only access, but allowed to acknowledge alerts). I don't want them to be able to change anything else.

No combo I tried gives this. i.e. an AP/Device manager with audit or monitor (read only), can't acknowledge alerts. Making the account an administrator, or giving read/write access isn't something I want them to do/have.

Is this possible?

• 2.  RE: Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2012 05:09 PM

There's not a way to do that today.  A user needs at least read/write privileges to be able to acknowledge alerts.

• 3.  RE: Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

Posted Jun 19, 2012 02:40 AM

Thanks for confirming. It kind of feels like this feature should exist doesn't it, or is that just me?

I mean, I can't see any reason why a junior helpdesk techie wouldn't be ok to be acknowledging alerts (just not allowed to do anything else)?

You typically wouldn't expect a full blown senior administrator to be checking why APs go up/down?!?!

Thoughts?

• 4.  RE: Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2012 10:59 PM

I'd say that's a feature request that needs to be filed with support.  I didn't see any similar requests in our feature request system.

• 5.  RE: Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

Posted Sep 18, 2012 01:27 PM

I agree as I suffer from the same fate. I need junior techies to be able to acknowledge alerts with read-only and cannot do it.