Network Management

MVP

Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

I've configured an Airwave account for my helpdesk team. I've tried this with a number of different combinations of settings under the associated role type and access level without luck.

What I'm trying to achieve, is permission for them to acknowledge alerts and look at everything in the top folder (i.e. read only access, but allowed to acknowledge alerts). I don't want them to be able to change anything else.

No combo I tried gives this. i.e. an AP/Device manager with audit or monitor (read only), can't acknowledge alerts. Making the account an administrator, or giving read/write access isn't something I want them to do/have.

Is this possible?

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Aruba

Re: Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

There's not a way to do that today.  A user needs at least read/write privileges to be able to acknowledge alerts.

MVP

Re: Possible? - read only rights on Airwave, but permitted to acknowledge alerts?

Thanks for confirming. It kind of feels like this feature should exist doesn't it, or is that just me?

I mean, I can't see any reason why a junior helpdesk techie wouldn't be ok to be acknowledging alerts (just not allowed to do anything else)?

You typically wouldn't expect a full blown senior administrator to be checking why APs go up/down?!?!

Thoughts?

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)

I'd say that's a feature request that needs to be filed with support.  I didn't see any similar requests in our feature request system.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

I agree as I suffer from the same fate. I need junior techies to be able to acknowledge alerts with read-only and cannot do it.

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: