Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Possible timezone bug in AirWave when exporting tables to CSV

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Possible timezone bug in AirWave when exporting tables to CSV

Posted Aug 07, 2018 05:37 PM

When exporting client Association History to CSV, association time data in CSV does not match times shown on screen. Difference appears to be timezone i.e. the CSV only contains UTC time?

I have not tested with other tables.

Steps to recreate:

1. My environment: Airwave 8.2.5, timezone Pacific/Auckland (though I’m sure you can recreate with any timezone)
    2. Navigate to client detail page for a client for which you know the recent history of
    3. Scroll down to Association History section, view by Default View: Historical
    4. Manually note the recent Association times shown on screen
    5. Export as CSV
    6. Check Association Times column in CSV – are they shown minus the timezone shift?

• 2.  RE: Possible timezone bug in AirWave when exporting tables to CSV
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 10:23 PM

Could you attempt to upgrade to 8.2.6.1?  We had several timezone related fixes in 8.2.6 and 8.2.6.1 that I remember.  I'm wondering if one of those already fixed the issue you're seeing.

If upgrading isn't possible, I'll be running some tests against the soon to be 8.2.7 release code that my lab setups are currently on.

• 3.  RE: Possible timezone bug in AirWave when exporting tables to CSV

Posted Aug 07, 2018 11:15 PM

Thanks for you response Rob.

I cannot upgrade right now, but I have just tested on another AMP running 8.2.6 and can confirm that the CSV contains the correct times there.

• 4.  RE: Possible timezone bug in AirWave when exporting tables to CSV

Posted Aug 09, 2018 12:56 AM

@rgin can you give us a hint when this 8.2.7 will become available?

I don’t want to go to 8.2.6.1 if 8.2.7 will be released very soon. If it is in your lab then it must be close?

• 5.  RE: Possible timezone bug in AirWave when exporting tables to CSV

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 09:38 AM

Optimistic answer is next week at the earliest.  Pessimistic answer is sometime this month.