Network Management

Highlighted
MVP

RAID status within Airwave/Centos

Hello All,

Our first AMP server runs on a DL360 with 2 x 300Gb SAS drives. I configured these within the BIOS for RAID 1 which suits for the time being.

Is there any way of seeing the health/status within Centos of the drives/RAID?

Ideally, I'd like AMP to monitor it's own HDD status and send alerts on a drive or even PSU failure, but I guess that's a lot to ask?!?!

Suggestions gratefully received!

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Regular Contributor I

Re: RAID status within Airwave/Centos

This isn't something that's built into the AirWave application. You'll need to install HP's utilities for monitoring the hardware in your server. 

Thse might be some good places to start. You're looking for software for CentOS 5 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit):

http://blog.mattbrock.co.uk/2010/01/25/monitoring-diskraid-hardware-in-centos-5-on-hp-dl360-servers/

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288144&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4004

Aruba Employee

The.racking.monkey wrote:

Hello All,

Our first AMP server runs on a DL360 with 2 x 300Gb SAS drives. I configured these within the BIOS for RAID 1 which suits for the time being.

Is there any way of seeing the health/status within Centos of the drives/RAID?

Ideally, I'd like AMP to monitor it's own HDD status and send alerts on a drive or even PSU failure, but I guess that's a lot to ask?!?!

Suggestions gratefully received!

No. Since the RAID 1 is via the RAID controller, not the OS, to my knowledge, it will only be visible with a specific piece of software from HP. I believe the Proliant Support pack for CentOS may provide that. However, there is no telling whether or not AMP is compatible with this software. I am not completely familiar with the linux version of Proliant Support pack. It may just enable SNMP gets on the status of the HD.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
MVP

Thanks. Will the Airwave support guys have any issues if I do install that?

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Regular Contributor I

There should be no problems with getting support for AirWave, though TAC can't help with the actual tools installation.

We support the AirWave application on Red Hat Enterprise Linux installations that are entirely done by customers.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: