Network Management

Contributor II

REPLACE SOLARWINDS ORION WITH AIRWAVE

[ Edited ]

Hello,

i have solarwinds orion to monitor the health of our Extreme switches (110 switches) , IBM/HP servers(CPU,Disk,RAM) and i have airwave for the Arubas wireles network, can i replace to Airwave and move the Extreme switches and servers to airwave and monitro the health??

or Airwave only works for wireles multivendors?

The idea is to use only one console for monitoring and troubleshoot.

Re: REPLACE SOLARWINDS ORION WITH AIRWAVE

AirWave should be able to monitor the Extreme switches.  To do that: go to Device Setup -> Add -> select 'Router/Switch' from the drop down menu.  The router/switch option only works if the device responds to default net-snmp responses.  The difference from specifically supported switches is the availability of per port information.

If the IBM/HP servers also respond to default net-snmp requests, then you may be able to get the server health information too.  I'll try in the lab tomorrow, but if you want to try before then: go to Device Setup -> Add -> select 'Universal Network Device' from the drop down menu.  The servers need to be configured to respond to SNMP v1, v2c, or v3 requests (you can set the version of SNMP to use from the Group -> select group -> Basic tab).

I'd be interested in hearing the results if you attempt the latter.  If you find you want more data from the switches, you can also submit a feature request detailing specific model, firmware, and a SNMP walk of the switch.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Thaks i will try tomorrow and let you know..

Frequent Contributor II

I'd be curious if you are able to monitor the switches and get the same graphs, alerts, etc from Airwave that you get with Solarwinds. If you just want to monitor up/down status of the switches I could see that working.  Interested to hear what you find.

Frequent Contributor I

Hi.

I did the config and the extreme switch is begging monitored. TAC remotesession is welcome to see live our Airwave running  (and do tunning :smileywink: ).

Monitoreo de 8810.PNG

Regards.

Thanks for the update.  Don't forget to file the feature request in the ideas portal on the support site to support the extreme switch directly (please include model and firmware version).

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

The model and version of the switch is

ExtremeXOS (BD-8810) version 15.2.3.2 v1523b2-patch1-11

Frequent Contributor I

just ... any news? ;-)

Frequent Contributor I

Hi,

Javier this is the update: now we need update the OID´s to get more data (like uptime by port) from switches...  :)

Regards.

Frequent Contributor I

Any Re?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: