Network Management

MVP

Run Airwave in Production and one in Test

[ Edited ]

I need to test a newer version of Airwave before rolling it out and would like to run it in conjunction with the current production version.  I can clone the production VM of Airwave, upgrade it, and re-IP it.  Then, add the Airwave test server as an additional "airwave server" and "trap receiver" in each WLAN controller.

Is this all I need?

Are there any concerns with polling the controllers twice as much?

Any other considerations?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: Run Airwave in Production and one in Test

I would check to see your CPU load over time to make sure that your existing controller is not already being taxed.  If it is, I would not consider it.  If it is under 20% the majority of the time, it should not be a problem, because the default polling interval is 5 minutes for SNMP.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

I'm curious as well to this. You mind sharing some results and what you test?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
MVP

Of course!
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.

We do similar things in the test lab.  Are you collecting user data via AMON?  If so, you would also need to add that to the mgmt-servers list.  Otherwise it will appear as if you had no clients.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

Will do, thanks Rob.

MVP

FYI, if you clone Airwave, you may have to rename your VNIC afterwards.  Mine got renamed from eth0 to eth1.  Issue the following commands to fix this:

ifconfig eth1 down  
sudo ip link set eth1 name eth0  
ifconfig eth0 up

You can then run the network_setup script to change IPs.  The network script woudn't work until I renamed my VNIC to eth0 so I assume the script is hard coded to reconfigure eth0.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: