Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Running Airwave on a Laptop

Hi Gents

In a recent Airwave class we ran airwave on a Laptop.  I am looking at demo'ing airwave at a clients site for a few weeks (Free of Charge), and would like to do this as cheaply as possible.  Has anyone had experience of running airwave on a Laptop, and if so, what exactly were you using, and how was the experience.

Appreciate your time.

Regards

Robbie

Guru Elite

Re: Running Airwave on a Laptop

This is from my experience:

Airwave can run on a laptop for only the smallest of networks (maybe 8 APs), due to the memory as well as the high disk IO requirements.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I want to use this for monitoring a Cisco core, and access layer switches to monitor the amount of Data flowing through it.  I suppose this is just not possible then?

There must be a fairly cheap way to achieve this? 

Guru Elite

Well, how many devices are we talking and what are the specs on your laptop?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Maybe 6 Switches - Core i5, 8gb Ram, 5400rpm drive.  Does it make a difference whether the switches are access layer or core switches?

Guru Elite

If it is just 6 objects with a laptop with those specs, you should try it.  Make sure you give the VM as much memory as you can.

Does not make a big difference with the switches....

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: