Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

Posted Jan 14, 2015 05:05 PM

I need Airwave SMS alert messages when a controller and/or some VIP APs are down. I have the Airwave server (Appliance) and i will get a cell phone that i will connect directly to the Airwave server.
    "WMI monitoring module patch" would be a good stuff to check servers that are involved on my WLAN infraestructure.

Something like solarwinds software do...

Help Please.

• 2.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 05:34 PM

Every alert that you create in Airwave can send an email.  Many SMS can be sent via email.  Is that an option?

• 3.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

Posted Jan 15, 2015 12:09 PM

Is an option but not the main that i need because if i will monitor another devices too (some of them Internet device uplinks) the email will arrive too late if the links to Internet are down (In this country is frecuently).

I need that the Airwave sends the alerts by SMS directly from a cell phone connected to it.

The "Intelillent" combination of both options (discarting sending or delaying email if internet device uplink is down and send SMS) will be the best option.

Note: Don´t forget WMI module to get the big picture ;-)

• 4.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

Posted Jan 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Any Re? :P

• 5.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2015 12:52 PM

This is a feature request and should be submitted through the ideas portal on the support site.  AirWave currently only sends out email alerts (This action requiries that AirWave server has an active working internet connection to a valid mail relay server).

• 6.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

Posted Jan 20, 2015 01:08 PM

Regards, if you can change the Post to "ideas portal" section or any other place that could be usefully please do it. I ´ll try to copy-paste this post to that portal... maybe someone already did it...

• 7.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2015 01:27 PM

Well, the best way to get feature ideas heard is:

1) post on ideas portal

2) go through Aruba Sales Rep

3) inquire to speak with the AirWave Product Management team (or send email to #2 to relay to #3)

These seem to be the best avenues for getting up to speed on current work and possibly some insight into the future roadmap.  Most people stop at #1, but it's usually the follow through of #2 that gets the process of molding the feature to specific needs.  A well described usage case usually helps get the idea across.

• 8.  RE: SMS and WMI Alerts with Airwave server

Posted Feb 06, 2015 12:22 PM

Regards...