Network Management

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Schedule passphrase change for SSID

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Schedule passphrase change for SSID

Posted Feb 20, 2018 09:33 AM

Is there a way to change a passphrase for an SSID on a schedule, or at the very least command line?  

I have Airwave with instant config.

• 2.  RE: Schedule passphrase change for SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2018 09:47 PM

Is there a reason why the network needs to use a PSK?

You would be better off using 802.1X with per-user authentication.

• 3.  RE: Schedule passphrase change for SSID

Posted Feb 21, 2018 12:16 AM

this is just for our guest network across 70+ sites that staff give out and they want changed every couple of weeks.

Its a visable ssid that i dont want people to request passwords or anything for as students would abuse this and i would be spammed i would expect.

• 4.  RE: Schedule passphrase change for SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 12:20 AM

something that you may not be aware of with ClearPass is that you can provide the capability for self-registering guest users.  In that when the user connects to the guest network, the guest user would put in the email address of the person they are visiting (as well as any other informaiton you would like), the person that the guest user is visiting would then be responsible to authorise the guest user (via an email link that ClearPass sends).  the guest user would then have an account with a configurable allowed duration.

• 5.  RE: Schedule passphrase change for SSID

Posted Feb 21, 2018 08:15 AM

that sounds great however, kids are jerks and would register themselves which we dont want.  We have the kids on a byod network where they need to log in with their provided credentials.  The guest network is just simple psk that i change on a regular basis.

• 6.  RE: Schedule passphrase change for SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 05:54 PM

in that instance you would probably only want to give guest account creation to the teachers/staff.

you could alos look at integrating ClearPass with a product like SINE as well.

https://www.sine.co/aruba/