Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up certificate authentication and ran in to an issue.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setting up certificate authentication and ran in to an issue.

Posted Jan 11, 2017 02:28 PM

I have set up the certificate authentication in Airwave.

12.png

On the client PC, from which i take the webUI access, I am getting this message.

13.PNG

• 2.  RE: Setting up certificate authentication and ran in to an issue.

Posted Jan 20, 2017 07:56 AM

Do you have the proper cert installed on the pc you are using to access GUI? @rgin any other ideas?

• 3.  RE: Setting up certificate authentication and ran in to an issue.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 10:51 AM

The authentication pass should be logged in /var/log/httpd/access_log, might also check that there's no errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log.

Beyond that, the cert input needs to have the root ca cert and then the ssl chain cert.  If you're only providing one, then the 2 factor fails.

• 4.  RE: Setting up certificate authentication and ran in to an issue.

Posted Mar 13, 2017 07:13 PM

The configuration on the amp for certificate login.. 

Config_a.PNG

I have a domain PC, with a user certificate, open the webUI. I get the prompt asking to select the certificate..Then.. 

client_pc - Copy.PNG

This user "Administrator" is a user in the AD, and has enrolled a user certificate. (I am doing this from the AD itself). 

looking the login failed, I created a user account in the the amp. the same symptom.. the login did not work.. 

user config.PNG 

• 5.  RE: Setting up certificate authentication and ran in to an issue.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 05:21 AM

Certificate which you have installed in Airwave is singed by your internal AD? If yes, make sure the client mahcine have your internal CA root in trust list.

Have you selected two factor authentication? If yes, make sure, enter correct login details aswell when you choose two factor authentication.