Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Time settings mismatch on AirWave

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Time settings mismatch on AirWave

Posted Mar 24, 2014 12:59 PM
      |   view attached

HI all,

a very simple question: in my Airwave I set the same NTP server of other network device that have the correct time (AMP Setup->Network). In Airwave I have the correct time in the graphs for example, but the time -8 hours in others data as mail triggers or table data (see the attachment mail).

Why? Is there a particular parameter to set?

Thanks,

Massimo

• 2.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2014 01:12 PM

I'm not seeing the same on my internal lab AMP.  It should all be a translation in respect to the epoch time on the server.  I would suggest opening a support case to have TAC look into this further.  What version of AMP are you currently running?

• 3.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

Posted Mar 25, 2014 03:34 AM

The version of my AMP is the 7.7.9. I am trying to change also the NTP server, but nothing changes.

Before I open a case with Aruba, is there other suggestions?

Thanks,

Massimo

• 4.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 04:03 AM

How did you change the time?  Did you use "./time-setup" in SSH in Airwave?

In addition, is the time on the controller the correct time?

First try to set the correct time manually and the time zone manually to make sure everything is right on both controller and Airwave.

• 5.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

Posted Mar 25, 2014 05:09 AM

I set the NTP server from the Web Interface of AMP: AMP Setup->Network. How can I set the correct time and the time zone manually on AMP? I am searching the manner, but I don't see these paramaters.

On the Controller the time and the timezone is set correctly.

• 6.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 05:16 AM

ssh into AMP and type "./time-setup"

[root@airwave]# ./time-setup

------------------------ Date and Time Configuration ---------------------

Current Time: Tue Mar 25 04:22:12 CDT 2014

1)  Change Date and Time
             2)  Change Time Zone

0)  Finish

• 7.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

Posted Mar 27, 2014 09:42 AM

Is there a way to do this also from AMP Web GUI?

• 8.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 10:48 AM

No, this operation needs to be done from the CLI since this is updating the system time.  The GUI flags only change specific offsets for groups (but they depend on the accuracy of system time to do so).

• 9.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2014 11:19 PM

HI

html5 graphs in airwave webUI take the timezone of the PC viewing them - rather than the system time. This can create an offset if your PC timezone is different than the server timezone.

regards

-jeff

• 10.  RE: Time settings mismatch on AirWave

Posted Apr 08, 2014 05:40 AM

In Airwave version 7, the highchart time has changed to be in your local user machine timezone instead of the server timezone which is bad (at least from my point of view). Every Airwave Graph should be displayed in the same timezone which is the server timezone that the application owner choose to set but this is not the case today (it was in Airwave version6). To add to more confusion, the popup graph if you click on the right side small bar graph icon, those are displayed in the server timezone. :O

We have submited a feature request to give option to the application owner to change this behavior to be able to revert back to what it was in version 6 which is to display all graph back according to the server timezone regards of what the user's machine timezone. If anyone of you have similar requirement, kindly promote this feature request. 

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LDoU