Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

[Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Feb 17, 2014 08:31 AM
      |   view attached

I have created a simple guide on how to utilize the SNMP traps Airwave receives in order to create triggers based off Device Events, IDS events, etc.

This is somewhat different than your standard device down/up, noise floor or channel utilization triggers. It shows how to utilize AMPs potential to monitor other parts of the network, not just APs.

This guide does not cover everything but is meant to get your juices flowing and to explore the potential of utilizing the Aruba MIB and Syslog guides combined with Airwave triggers.

Enjoy

EDIT: Seems as though I missed the contest deadline..., enjoy the tutorial, hope it serves everyone well :)

EDIT2: removed #mhc since this tutorial is not part of any contest.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    AMP - Triggers.pdf   521 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Feb 28, 2014 11:46 AM

This actually covers EXACTLY what I was wanting to know today. (I have new questions and problems to solve everyday it seems.)

• 3.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Mar 01, 2014 10:58 AM

Awesome stuff, Pasquale!  Very helpful.

• 4.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Mar 03, 2014 08:18 AM

No problem.

Glad to be of service :)

• 5.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Jan 31, 2017 11:36 AM

Hi,

good one!...

just asking...

-SNMP V3 (please)... (how to config with another monitor software like solarwinds).

-What about how to trace/catch messages that i just see if the run "show ap tech-support ap-name "ApWithIssuesLikeBIG-hammerText"  

Best Regards

• 6.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Aug 16, 2017 04:00 PM

Was this tutorial removed or am I just missing it?

• 7.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Aug 16, 2017 04:46 PM

Hmmm, No it wasnt. Let me dig in and see what has happened here.

• 8.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:33 PM
      |   view attached

weird. I added it back. Had to dig deep for this..

it is a bit outdated at this point but the concept is still alive and well.

[EDIT] i added the attachment but i don't see it. It says there is one. As I am writing this, I can see the PDF attached but nowhere to be found on the thread

Attachment(s)

pdf
    AMP - Triggers.pdf   521 KB 1 version

• 9.  RE: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

Posted Aug 18, 2017 11:24 AM

Thanks. I'm thinking (hoping) the core concepts are still useful. I see the attachment.