Network Management

MVP

[Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc.

[ Edited ]

I have created a simple guide on how to utilize the SNMP traps Airwave receives in order to create triggers based off Device Events, IDS events, etc.

This is somewhat different than your standard device down/up, noise floor or channel utilization triggers. It shows how to utilize AMPs potential to monitor other parts of the network, not just APs.

This guide does not cover everything but is meant to get your juices flowing and to explore the potential of utilizing the Aruba MIB and Syslog guides combined with Airwave triggers.

Enjoy

EDIT: Seems as though I missed the contest deadline..., enjoy the tutorial, hope it serves everyone well :)

EDIT2: removed #mhc since this tutorial is not part of any contest.

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Regular Contributor I

Re: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc. #mhc

This actually covers EXACTLY what I was wanting to know today. (I have new questions and problems to solve everyday it seems.)

MVP

Re: [Tutorial] Using Airwave and SNMP traps to trigger alarms based off health events, etc. #mhc

Awesome stuff, Pasquale!  Very helpful.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

No problem.

Glad to be of service :)

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

good one!...

just asking...

-SNMP V3 (please)... (how to config with another monitor software like solarwinds).

-What about how to trace/catch messages that i just see if the run "show ap tech-support ap-name "ApWithIssuesLikeBIG-hammerText"  

Best Regards

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: