Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

Posted Jun 09, 2017 12:58 PM

We have 400+ Aruba2930F switches that we would like to upgrade.  I hoped to use Airwave to push out the firmware and upgrade the switch.  The switches are currently running WC.16.02.0003.  We are running Airwave version 8.2.3.1.  We already have the switches added into Airwave and they are currently in one group.  Can I upgrade the firmware on this switches a few at a time without upgrading all of them at the same time?  I hope to upgrade these in batches.  What would the steps be to do that if it is feasible?

• 2.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2017 06:43 AM

Hi,

Yes we could upgrade in batches

1. Upload firmware in Devices setup> upload firmware & files
    2. Go to APs/Devices>List , select proper folder from drop down list where you have placed switches
    3. Click on modify device option  and select upgrade firmware option from drop down list , select list of device want to upgrade

ALE.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

Posted Jun 14, 2017 09:49 AM

I also wanted to verify that changing the drop-down box next to a switch wouldn't automatically start upgrading the switches in that group.  If I switch the desired firmware to WC.16.03.0004 and click Save then it won't start automatically upgrading any switches will it?

Firmware Upgrade.png

• 4.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 10:10 AM

Hi,

If we just save the fimrware it wont upgrade but if we click save and upgrade it will take you to different page and ask to upgrade now or schedule the upgrade time.

Try set reboot device after firmware upgrade to YES.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

Posted Jun 14, 2017 12:27 PM

Thank you.  I also realized that all of our switches were set in Monitor-only mode and that I needed to Firmware Upgrade Options under AMP Setup and set Allow Firmware Upgrades in monitor-only mode to yes.  I am now able to upgrade switches using Airwave.

• 6.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 12:44 PM

Default upgrade firmware option will be in monior only mode in AMP Setup >General>Firmware tab.

Good to hear you are able to push the firmware and upgrade.

Regards,

Pavan

• 7.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

Posted Jul 24, 2018 10:21 AM

Hi,

any idea when the firmware update is still failing with the message "Firmware Upgrade: Error transfering the file.: The primary image will be deleted. Continue (y/n)? y Error in sending rq message.
    Exceeded 5 retransmits. 000M Peer unreachable."

but IP Connectivity between the AMP and Switch exists... the config on the swich includes only a manager user nothing else special

• 8.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 12:41 PM

This post suggests that adding 'ip authorized-manager" to config might work.

FROM:Campus-Switching-and-Routing/TFTP-Not-working-Aruba-3180M

• 9.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

Posted Jul 25, 2018 04:23 AM

I don`t think that the "ip authorized manager" is the issue, becaue the AMP is able to login through SSH!

• 10.  RE: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 11:09 AM

Was there any output on the switch when you give "show log tftp" after attempting the fw update?