Network Management

New Contributor

Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

We have 400+ Aruba2930F switches that we would like to upgrade.  I hoped to use Airwave to push out the firmware and upgrade the switch.  The switches are currently running WC.16.02.0003.  We are running Airwave version 8.2.3.1.  We already have the switches added into Airwave and they are currently in one group.  Can I upgrade the firmware on this switches a few at a time without upgrading all of them at the same time?  I hope to upgrade these in batches.  What would the steps be to do that if it is feasible?

Aruba Employee

Re: Upgrade Aruba2930F switches using Airwave

Hi,

Yes we could upgrade in batches

1. Upload firmware in Devices setup> upload firmware & files
  2. Go to APs/Devices>List , select proper folder from drop down list where you have placed switches
  3. Click on modify device option  and select upgrade firmware option from drop down list , select list of device want to upgrade

ALE.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

New Contributor

I also wanted to verify that changing the drop-down box next to a switch wouldn't automatically start upgrading the switches in that group.  If I switch the desired firmware to WC.16.03.0004 and click Save then it won't start automatically upgrading any switches will it?

Firmware Upgrade.png

Aruba Employee

Hi,

If we just save the fimrware it wont upgrade but if we click save and upgrade it will take you to different page and ask to upgrade now or schedule the upgrade time.

Try set reboot device after firmware upgrade to YES.

Regards,

Pavan

New Contributor

Thank you.  I also realized that all of our switches were set in Monitor-only mode and that I needed to Firmware Upgrade Options under AMP Setup and set Allow Firmware Upgrades in monitor-only mode to yes.  I am now able to upgrade switches using Airwave.

Aruba Employee

Default upgrade firmware option will be in monior only mode in AMP Setup >General>Firmware tab.

Good to hear you are able to push the firmware and upgrade.

Regards,

Pavan

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: