Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade to Airwave 7.7.5 - now seeing lots of down alerts for Instant VC

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrade to Airwave 7.7.5 - now seeing lots of down alerts for Instant VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2013 02:39 AM

Hi,

We've just upgraded Airwave to 7.7.5 and am now seeing frequenty false alarms for Instant VC being down.  I check and they are not actually down.

Previously, before the upgrade, for the most part we only received an alarm when it was genuinly down with occasional false alarms.  Now it is happening several time a day with all Instant sites.

I have increased the missed poll threshold by 1, but it's still happening.

Is anyone else seeing this post upgrade?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Upgrade to Airwave 7.7.5 - now seeing lots of down alerts for Instant VC
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2013 09:54 AM

Aruba Instant APs do not exercise the 'missed snmp poll threshold' since they are not snmp based.  You should actually be focusing on the 'VC HTTPS Timeout' which is also on the group -> Basic tab under the Aruba Instant settings box.  By default the value is set to 5 minutes.

groupbasic-instant.jpg

• 3.  RE: Upgrade to Airwave 7.7.5 - now seeing lots of down alerts for Instant VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2013 11:05 AM

ok, got it now.  For some reason though, after the upgrade, all the instant sites had a value of 1 min.  I've change that now, so hopefully we won't keep getting these alerts.

Thanks Rob

• 4.  RE: Upgrade to Airwave 7.7.5 - now seeing lots of down alerts for Instant VC

Posted Nov 06, 2013 03:33 PM

Thanks for asking! I've been meaning to figure that out for our installation as well.