Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

User browsing report in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  User browsing report in Airwave

Posted Nov 14, 2016 04:26 PM

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to create a report in Airwave that lists the top 10 destinations visited by each user (or a custom number of users)? I'm currently using Radius to authenticate users in my WLAN, so I can see the info of each individual user, but there isn't a custom report that even comes close to what I would like.

The closest thing I could find was the AppRF report, but it lists only the top 3 applications (you can't even increase or decrease that number) that are most used.

Untitled picture.png

I did some research and couldn't find much info on this. If someone could tell me if it's possible or not to do this, it would be very helpful!

• 2.  RE: User browsing report in Airwave

Posted Nov 29, 2016 01:57 PM

I'm not aware of any URL reporting from AP/Controller to Airwave, you'd want to monitor traffic at the edge from a proxy server or your firewall to get the URLs

• 3.  RE: User browsing report in Airwave

Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:47 AM

Yeah, I think that's right. Spent a few hours tweaking with the reports with no luck, ended up calling the support and they were not very helpful.

The good thing is that I have a Sonicwall firewall just for the Wi-Fi, and SGMS as well. I just had to integrate SSO to the Sonicwall (to relate the IPs with the users in the reports) and then I was able to create the report I wanted through SGMS. Could see what each user visited, the browse time they spent on each site, number os connections, etc.