Network Management

New Contributor

VisualRF Map Format

I have been trying to import a map of our facility into visualRF in Airwave but I am having little luck. What format have you had the best luck with. So far I have tried a .dwg but that gives me an error and when I tried to implement a PDF it imported but at a very poor resolution. Any idea's?

Matt H

IT Architect

Re: VisualRF Map Format

Hi Matt H,

I ran into this problem a couple years and found a software program to help with converting PDFs into high-quality PNG files. It's called "ImageMagick" - you'll also want the recommended GhostScript -

It's great for converting individual PDFs or in-bulk via command-line. I would experiment with some of the values in the following discussion -

- Density - I tested various density values (some were too blurry/some were worse than a simple PDF to JPEG conversion) - but found good success at 600 - this does create larger files. I had tried 300 per the stackoverflow link - but I think had problems with that value.

- Rotate by - 90 degrees

- Trim excess space

- Flatten - remove transparency layers (I noticed without this some of my imports into Airwave would show up completely black)

Individual Conversion:

convert -density 600 -rotate -90 -trim -flatten <source-pdf>.pdf <dest-image>.png

Bulk Conversion

mogrify -density 600 -rotate -90 -trim -flatten -format png *.pdf

Re: VisualRF Map Format

+1 on converting to PNG file format. It will give you full control over the resolution/conversion if you do it manually. For dwg files, there are free tools, I think I used the Autocad DWG Trueview (free) which allows a layer selection. Then use the built in Windows snipping tool (or a tool like Greenshot) to create a PNG from your screen.

If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: