Network Management

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF - Radio status disabled for some APs

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  VisualRF - Radio status disabled for some APs

Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:49 AM

Hello,

I have a high-density WLAN deployment, which consists of six CAP AP-304 APs in a small building. I added the APs to my floor plan.

Airwave

When I click on an access point right there and display Properties, the radio status of some access points is disabled for both radios (11ng and 11ac). No clients are connected to these access points.

Direct neighbors show working radios, on which clients are connected.

I attached a screenshot to demonstrate the issue.

It would be great if someone can tell me what is wrong.

WLC

I checked the radio behavior on the WLC with following command, which shows me that both radios are working:

show ap active ap-name <AP-Name>

• 2.  RE: VisualRF - Radio status disabled for some APs

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:56 AM

Are these IAP's or connected to a physical controller? What is the version of code running both on the AP's and AirWave.

Has this previously been working? Do you see any errors under the VisualRF log on Airwave?

• 3.  RE: VisualRF - Radio status disabled for some APs

Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:12 AM

Hello zalion,

All access points in my infrastructure are campus access points, which are connected to a physical Aruba 7205 Controller. I encountered the issue first time because of some client problems in that environment and don't know if it was shown correctly before.

Installed firmware on WLC: 6.5.4.6

Installed firmware on Airwave: 8.2.5

I looked up the visualrf.log and don't see any error messages that match my issue.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF - Radio status disabled for some APs

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:17 AM

It is possible it is a bug in AirWave, support for ArubaOS 6.5.4.x was only introduced in AirWave 8.2.6. AirWave 8.2.5 only supports AP304 running 6.5.1.0.

• 5.  RE: VisualRF - Radio status disabled for some APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 12:07 PM

I agree with @zalion0

Upgrading to 8.2.6.1 should resolve.  The messaging of VRF updates was changed in the AOS firmware.  So we had to make a change on our end to handle the new msg type they created.