Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Aug 15, 2013 03:39 PM

When adding an AP to a floor plan, I get an error message:

The device you've selected has already been provisioned. You can find it on:

Unknown > Building A > Floor 1

How can I disassociate the AP from a floor plan that doesn't exist so I can add it to the proper one?

Thanks,

Ken

• 2.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Aug 15, 2013 05:19 PM

Hi Ken,

Are you saying that an unknown floorplan which doesn't exists currently, still an AP is provisioned to it ? What is the version of your AMP?

I tried on my AMP which is on 7.7.3 :

• I tried adding an AP to a floor plan and deleted the floor plan
    • Added a new floor plan
    • Added same AP and I don't see any errors

When a floor plan is deleted then the Devices which are provisioned/associated to that floor plan gets deleted from it. 

If you are trying to add same AP which has already provisioned to one of the floor plan which exists then you cannot add same AP to another floor plan unless you delete the AP from  the other one.

To delete an AP:

• Go to that particular floor plan and right click on the AP to be deleted, you will see an option called "Delete AP".
    • Click on it  to delete the AP
    • Click on Save button. Now the AP is ready to be provisioned to another floor plan. 

-Suchitra

• 3.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Aug 15, 2013 06:19 PM

Suchitra,

Yes, the floorplan doesn't exist that I'm aware of but still has an AP provisioned to it. I'm running 7.6.5. Since I can't open the floorplan, I can't "Delete AP." Is there another way to remove the associated with the AP?

Thanks,

ken

• 4.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Aug 15, 2013 06:41 PM

Ken,

I would suggest to restart VisualRF, may be the cache files didn't get updated even after the site got deleted. Let us know if  this solves the problem.  In the meantime I will try to reproduce on 7.6.5 AMP. Messing around Database is not suggested as of now. 

-Suchitra

• 5.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Aug 16, 2013 11:19 AM

Restarting VisualRF resulted in losing 2 floorplans. I opened a ticket and am in the process of upgrading.

• 6.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Aug 16, 2013 04:58 PM

Ken,

Thanks for filing the ticket. Can we get the ticket # so that we can track it. 

Usually VisualRF restart shouldn't have deleted other floor plans but we will get better info after looking into logs. 

After the upgrade is finished, please try adding the same AP to the floor plan and let us know if you are still seeing same issue of adding an AP to the floorplan.

Thanks,

Suchitra

• 7.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Jan 28, 2014 04:06 PM

I was wondering if a fix was ever found for this. I believe we are experiencing the same issue where we have AP's stuck on an unknown floorplan with no way to access them to delete them. This is preventing us from reprovisioning them to the correct maps.

• 8.  RE: VisualRF on Airwave - Device provisioned on a unknown floor plan

Posted Jan 28, 2014 06:29 PM

Hi,

We haven't received any ticket as of now from Ken. So we couldn't look into the issue why visualrf entered into that state.

Can you please file a ticket with logs and steps you followed to enter into that state. I mean have you deleted floor plans before you were trying to move the AP and also please include the AMP version in which you  are seeing this issue too.

Thanks,

Suchitra