Network Management

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

VisualRF resize problem

Hi guys,

I am trying to make a heatmap with VisualRF demo. I have been able to set up the campus, the building and the floor. When I import the file floor plan, VisualRF automatically gives it a width of 1588 ft. and a height of 1123 ft. (I don't know why). Then I want to resize the scale, and when I click on the Measure buttom, select a length and type the distance (656 feet) in the windows that appears, a error windows appears and says "Sorry, width/height of a floor plan must be within 0 and 2624 feet. Please try again.".

I have tried several times with the same result. I also have try to skip this phase and resize after placing the APs, but the same error appears.

Please, why do I get this error? What can I do to get over it? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Julián

Regular Contributor I

Re: VisualRF resize problem

With the measure tool you are drawing a line with a lenth you know and when you enter the value of 600 feet it gives you this error?

Hi ascott,

Yes, I have just tried and with 600 feet I get the same text error.

Regards,

Julián

Regular Contributor I

If I was guessing I would say you need to crop the image down to the size of the floorplan and remove some of the free space around the image.  Just a guess though.

Hi,

There's no way. I have tried to cut off the free space around the image and got the same error. I also have changed the image size with Paint and the VisualRF shows me a width of 828 ft. and a height of 585 ft., but when I resized the scale as described above I got the same error, with the same text. I don't know what to do :(

Regards,

Julián

Regular Contributor I

Perhaps open a case with support?

Aruba Employee

If you are OK can you share your floor plan image?

Aruba Employee

What is the floor plan formate? If it in JPEG/PDF convert to PNG and check the status.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your issue, accept as solution and give kudos:)

Hi Pavan,

The original plan floor was in PDF format. I tried with this format, but also with JPEG and PNG, with the same result. I attach the plan. Below center there is a scale, where 200 "metros" are 656 feet. Try yourself. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

Julian,

Capture.PNG

Could you  point out the region where physically APs been provisioned, I am not able to figure it out, the exact floor region, where APs will be provisioned?

Make sure, you crop all the unwanted floor region where APs not provisioned and try upload.

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your query, give kudos:)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: