Network Management

Super Contributor II

Re: VisualRF resize problem

Hi Pavan,

Try with the plan I have attached where APs will be provisioned. I have tried and got the same error.

Thanks,

Julián

Aruba Employee

Capture.PNG

once we upload the floor plan, click on measure option to  manually measure the floor plan. Default if we dont know the size of the floor, thumb rule we recommend to follow is, click on measure , go to floor plan and select the door entrance from one point to other and set lenght as 1.2 meter or 3 fts.

Generally door entrance in most case is not more than 3 fts, if you know any door entrance exact widht you could proivde those value and click apply. Airwave will automatically resize.

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your query, give kudos:)

Super Contributor II

Hi Pavan,

Then you say the error I got is because 656 feet is a big value? If so, what is the limit value? And what happens if the plan does not have doors like in this example?

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Capture.PNG

Using measurement option i choose one point and set the distance as 31 meters, airwave automaitcally set width 791 m and length 271 m.

If I multiplie both it comes around 213570 sq meters, If convert this to meters, it will be 462 meters which is less than the allowed size limit in visualrf which is 800m.

Try resize the floor using measurment option and check the status. Allowed floor size is 800m.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

Super Contributor II

Hi Pavan,

Many thanks, you were a big help.

Best Regards,

Julián

Super Contributor II

Hi Pavan,

One more question. I don't understand the maths when you convert sq meters to meters, how do you convert sq meters to meters? And have you tried to resize the plan using the scale I included at the bottom left of the image? That's the real scale/proportion.

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

If you do not have calculator, use only google tool

http://www.endmemo.com/cconvert/m2m.php

Super Contributor II

Ah ok, you meant to do the square root and suppose the plan is a perfect square. Ok, thanks!

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: