Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF resize problem

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:01 PM

Hi guys,

I am trying to make a heatmap with VisualRF demo. I have been able to set up the campus, the building and the floor. When I import the file floor plan, VisualRF automatically gives it a width of 1588 ft. and a height of 1123 ft. (I don't know why). Then I want to resize the scale, and when I click on the Measure buttom, select a length and type the distance (656 feet) in the windows that appears, a error windows appears and says "Sorry, width/height of a floor plan must be within 0 and 2624 feet. Please try again.".

I have tried several times with the same result. I also have try to skip this phase and resize after placing the APs, but the same error appears.

Please, why do I get this error? What can I do to get over it? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:04 PM

With the measure tool you are drawing a line with a lenth you know and when you enter the value of 600 feet it gives you this error?

• 3.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:10 PM

Hi ascott,

Yes, I have just tried and with 600 feet I get the same text error.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:13 PM

If I was guessing I would say you need to crop the image down to the size of the floorplan and remove some of the free space around the image.  Just a guess though.

• 5.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:44 PM

Hi,

There's no way. I have tried to cut off the free space around the image and got the same error. I also have changed the image size with Paint and the VisualRF shows me a width of 828 ft. and a height of 585 ft., but when I resized the scale as described above I got the same error, with the same text. I don't know what to do :(

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:53 PM

Perhaps open a case with support?

• 7.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2017 08:37 PM

If you are OK can you share your floor plan image?

• 8.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2017 08:54 PM

What is the floor plan formate? If it in JPEG/PDF convert to PNG and check the status.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your issue, accept as solution and give kudos:)

• 9.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:59 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Pavan,

The original plan floor was in PDF format. I tried with this format, but also with JPEG and PNG, with the same result. I attach the plan. Below center there is a scale, where 200 "metros" are 656 feet. Try yourself. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Julián

• 10.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 11:57 AM

Julian,

Capture.PNG

Could you  point out the region where physically APs been provisioned, I am not able to figure it out, the exact floor region, where APs will be provisioned?

Make sure, you crop all the unwanted floor region where APs not provisioned and try upload.

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 11.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 13, 2017 12:15 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Pavan,

Try with the plan I have attached where APs will be provisioned. I have tried and got the same error.

Thanks,

Julián

• 12.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 12:26 PM

Capture.PNG

once we upload the floor plan, click on measure option to  manually measure the floor plan. Default if we dont know the size of the floor, thumb rule we recommend to follow is, click on measure , go to floor plan and select the door entrance from one point to other and set lenght as 1.2 meter or 3 fts.

Generally door entrance in most case is not more than 3 fts, if you know any door entrance exact widht you could proivde those value and click apply. Airwave will automatically resize.

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 13.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 13, 2017 12:32 PM

Hi Pavan,

Then you say the error I got is because 656 feet is a big value? If so, what is the limit value? And what happens if the plan does not have doors like in this example?

Regards,

Julián

• 14.  RE: VisualRF resize problem
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 12:53 PM

Capture.PNG

Using measurement option i choose one point and set the distance as 31 meters, airwave automaitcally set width 791 m and length 271 m.

If I multiplie both it comes around 213570 sq meters, If convert this to meters, it will be 462 meters which is less than the allowed size limit in visualrf which is 800m.

Try resize the floor using measurment option and check the status. Allowed floor size is 800m.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 15.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 13, 2017 01:22 PM

Hi Pavan,

Many thanks, you were a big help.

Best Regards,

Julián

• 16.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 13, 2017 01:35 PM

Hi Pavan,

One more question. I don't understand the maths when you convert sq meters to meters, how do you convert sq meters to meters? And have you tried to resize the plan using the scale I included at the bottom left of the image? That's the real scale/proportion.

Regards,

Julián

• 17.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 01:41 PM

If you do not have calculator, use only google tool

http://www.endmemo.com/cconvert/m2m.php

• 18.  RE: VisualRF resize problem

Posted Mar 13, 2017 03:19 PM

Ah ok, you meant to do the square root and suppose the plan is a perfect square. Ok, thanks!

Regards,

Julián