Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap <bssid>?

What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap <bssid>?
I can see options in Match Type as AP-Wired-MAC and Eth-Wired-MAC. I read somewhere there are various other options GW-Wired-MAC, Config-Wired-MAC and External-Wired-MAC. Though I get a Match MAC address under the AP-Wired-MAC does it mean the Rogue APs wired MAC is the Match MAC.
I also see a Helper AP BSSID and found that it is a BSSID of one of my Valid APs, what do they mean exactly. If anyone can brief me in Simple words will be helpful.

Guru Elite

Re: What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap <bssid

Please see the documents in the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Troubleshooting-Rogue-Detection-on-the-controllers/ta-p/174892

It might not exactly answer your question, but it will answer a number of them and explain how rogue AP detection works.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap <bssid

Thanks Colin,

Though I had gone through them earlier and had checked in Aruba Controllers and from there the question came to my mind.

Some have a AP Wired MAC, Some as GW Wired MAC , Some as Eth GW-Wired MAC. The document certainly helps but I was looking for some further brief.

Thanks again.

Ranjan

Guru Elite

I think you should post the output of commands so that we can comment on the ouput succinctly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks Colin,

I will paste some of the outputs of Rogue device detected in our network. Hopefully that will make it more clear.

Regards

Ranjan

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: