Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the definition of "Number of Clients" at Airwave report

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the definition of "Number of Clients" at Airwave report

Posted Jan 03, 2014 08:56 AM
      |   view attached

Hello experts,

I can't find the definition of "Number of Clients" at Airwave operation manual.

Does "Number of Clients"  mean client attached to AP during this period ?

Will it count same client ? (A clinet  went out and back to AP coverage again)

Where I could refer Airwave report folder defination?

Many thanks,

• 2.  RE: What is the definition of "Number of Clients" at Airwave report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2014 11:29 AM

I'm not familiar with that report definition, it looks to be an older definition that we're not currently using.  Is your version older than 7.6?  That looks like an older client report definition, if that's the case then 'number of clients' is typically the number of unique clients (by username & MAC address) that appeared on devices in the selected group / folder during the reporting period.

I suggest looking into the current release (7.7.7), make sure that your hardware supports upgrading to the release as there have been several new features which require additional processing resources (there's a sizing guide under documentation on the support site).  In 7.7, we've added more details to the user guide and help texts to help define the reporting fields.

• 3.  RE: What is the definition of "Number of Clients" at Airwave report

Posted Jan 04, 2014 08:11 AM

Dear Sir,

My customer's Airwave version is 7.5.3 , 

I will check manual 7.7.7 , thanks for your help.

Jason