Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the stable version in airwave?? 8.0.9.2 or 8.2.0.1???

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  What is the stable version in airwave?? 8.0.9.2 or 8.2.0.1???

Posted Aug 01, 2016 01:49 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

We are currently using Aruba Airwave with frimware 8.0.6.2. Currently we are planning to upgrade the firmware to 8.0.9.2 or 8.2.0.1.

Kindly suggest us the stable version in which there were no known issues for the better management.

Thanks in Advance,

Gowtham Elamurugan

• 2.  RE: What is the stable version in airwave?? 8.0.9.2 or 8.2.0.1???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2016 04:29 AM

Why do you want to upgrade, is the question?

• 3.  RE: What is the stable version in airwave?? 8.0.9.2 or 8.2.0.1???

Posted Aug 01, 2016 04:40 AM

Hello cj,

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

We are upgrading for the better GUI and features. We are facing some issues in the current version which is reported in the 8.0.9.2 as solved issue.

So that we are looking forward to upgrade or else need to install a revent version.

Thanks,

Gowtham Elamurugan

• 4.  RE: What is the stable version in airwave?? 8.0.9.2 or 8.2.0.1???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2016 04:48 AM
      |   view attached

I would always say the latest version, but I do not know enough about what you use Airwave for to advise you.  There could be an issue in the latest Airwave that would stop you from doing what you currently do.  I would email TAC letting them know all the features you use Airwave for specifically to see if there are any unreported issues.   Please review the latest attached release notes (Current Version is 8.2.1.1) to see if any unresolved issues would stop you from upgrading.  Make sure that you back up Airwave and download the current version that you are on before the upgrade so that you can revert if you need to.

There might be others on the forum that could give guidance about anything else that they have observed that might affect your upgrade, as well...

Attachment(s)