Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

Posted Jun 26, 2013 03:52 AM
    Is there any word on when the instant ap interface will be brought into airwave? Adding something as simple as a new SSID into an ap needs to be easier than editing CLI!

• 2.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2013 07:05 AM

Is it too hard using the IAP GUI?

• 3.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

Posted Jun 26, 2013 11:22 AM
    That's my point, the IAP GUI is straight forward, but simple changes via airwave are not. The APs that I need to change are remote, so there is no easy access to the IAP GUI. I had heard airwave was going to incorporate that GUI to make things a little easier.

• 4.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

Posted Jun 26, 2013 03:14 PM

Exactly and as rgin mentioned, in Airwave 7.7 you can configure your IAPs via a web gui from within Airwave.

Note: Once you enable that setting on Airwave, you will lose write access to your IAP, at that point any changes must be done through Airwave (obviously if it is in managed mode). The IAP is still read-only accessible.

• 5.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

Posted Jun 26, 2013 03:26 PM

7.7 sounds like the solution I'm looking for!  Looking forward to testing it out.

Thanks for all the responses!

• 6.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

Posted Jul 23, 2013 04:39 PM

Just remember that web gui configuration of IAPs in 7.7 is limited to IAP v3.2 and is in BETA....

In the release notes :)

• 7.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

Posted Jun 26, 2013 07:50 AM
      |   view attached

See the Template-basedConfiguration /Airwave manage in page 225 that you give you some info . 

I have attached the IAP user guide (6.2.1.x - 3.3.x) which can also be found in the support.arubanetworks.com site under Documentation >Aruba Instant 

Attachment(s)

• 8.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 09:27 AM
    Stay tuned?. AMP 7.7 will replace the template method of configuring IAPs with a GUI. 7.7 will be released soon (can't give you an exact date, but it's right around the corner AFAIK).

• 9.  RE: When will it be easier to change the config of an IAP via airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2013 10:15 AM

Just wanted to make it clear for those who are currently using templates -> templates will still be available in 7.7.

7.7 will allow users the option to use either templates or Instant GUI Config as a configurable per group option.  Instant GUI Config is newly added functionality in 7.7, not a complete replacement as templates will still be available (template usage is default).

igc-groupbasic.jpg