Network Management

Frequent Contributor I

Why is "Max Clients" is lesser than "Unique Clients"?

I am trying to generate a report but I came up with a table I can't interpret. 

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Why is "Max Clients" is lesser than "Unique Clients"?

Hello,

The maximum clients is the max simultaneous clients on the network at one point in time (peak time) during the given timeframe for the report.  The unique clients count is the total number of unique MAC addresses seen on that network during the given timeframe for the report.  Hope this provides the necessary clarification!

JJ

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. 

So how about the other line where there were 15 Max clients but has 0 unique clients.

Occasional Contributor I

This is suggesting that at some point in time, 15 total clients were connected to that device, but none of them were unique to the group/folder reported on.  They had all previously associated to the network to a different AP/device before roaming to that AP/device, so they are no longer unique.

Frequent Contributor I

No I get it. 

Thanks.

But I have another question:

Frequent Contributor I

Basing from the picture below.. Why is the Max Clients of the whole folder less than the Max Clients per AP?Why is Max Clients is lesser than Unique Clients 2.png

Occasional Contributor I

That's a good question.  Could you share the configuration of that report?  Also, what version of Airwave are you running?

JJ

Frequent Contributor I

We are using version 8.2.3.1

Below is the report definition

Airwave report.png

Occasional Contributor I

Are you sure this is the correct report definition?  I would have expected to see options defined for client inventory or other utilization metrics, not device uptime. Or conversely, based on the report definition, I would expect the report data to show device uptimes and not client count information.

Version of Airwave should be good.  If the report definition shown is providing the report data shown from previous steps, I would suggest opening a case with TAC to investigate further.

Frequent Contributor I

My bad. I remember that I did modify the definition and run it many times and the definition I showed wasn't the one.

Here's the right one. I made sure it is right by running it again. I did get the same generated result where the Folder Max clients is lower than the Max client of each AP.

Airwave report 2.png

Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: