Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Wireless Access Point Serial Number List from Airwave

Hi Guys,

I am not sure whether this was discussed before or someone here can guide me onto how i can achieve the following from Aruba Airwave.

Currently there are 581 wireless APs in the network (mixtures of AP 61, AP 105 and AP 135) ,

i have just taken over the maintenance of the wireless network and the company request for the list of AP with the serial numbers for audit purposes.

i know i can get the information when i click on each AP to get the serial number but 500+ of them is no joking matter:

i tried looking into Reports > Inventory  , but all i get are the AP name , MAC Address etc , doesnt really show the serial number

any kind souls can enlighten me on this?! thanks in advance =)

Aruba

Re: Wireless Access Point Serial Number List from Airwave

EDIT

(see Colin's response below), but if you have access to the master controller you can run the following, then copy the output into a readable format (CSV for example).

show ap database long

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Guru Elite

Edit the Inventory Report to "Include details about every device", and re-reun the report.  There is field for device serial in there.

serial.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Create a custom report:

amp-serial-1.PNG

amp-serial-2.PNG

amp-serial-3.PNG

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

thank you very much kind sir!

Search Airheads