Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Controller read-only role does not have access to show commands

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Wireless Controller read-only role does not have access to show commands

Posted Nov 30, 2016 06:32 PM

I am trying to create a user on our Wireless Controller(Aruba7205) that will use the mgmt-user read-only role.  I am able to create the user but when I log onto the CLI of the controller the user does not have access to show commands.  I am also not able to enter enable mode while using the read-only mgmt-user role.  Is there something else that needs to be done to use the read-only role?  I am able to log onto the CLI of the controller with the username and password I just don't have access to show commands.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Wireless Controller read-only role does not have access to show commands
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2016 09:13 AM

Hi,

It seems to work ok for me. I'm on 6.5.1.1.

I'm logged in with rotest below:

rotest.jpg

Cheers

James

• 3.  RE: Wireless Controller read-only role does not have access to show commands

Posted Dec 06, 2016 06:28 PM

Thanks JR!  I realised I had to enter enable mode to use the show commands when signed in as a read-only user.  Another thing that threw me was the read-only user can also enter configure terminal mode but they are not able to make changes.  It kind of rubbed me the wrong way since I would think a read-only user would not be able to access configure mode.  Thanks for the reply!