11-09-2016 07:37 PM
11-10-2016 09:40 AM
I have tried just about everything. I configured the assigned static IP on my laptop then connected to the cable modem, had the provider clear arp on the modem and it then worked. On my controller I performed a write erase and then started over, accepted the defaults for VLAN 1 and then created VLAN 2, assigned the static IP to interface VLAN 2, then assigned interface Gi0/0/3 as an access port in vlan 2; no luck. I ensure my default gateway was set correctly. I connected between my laptop and the controller interface and it works okay. Everything seems to work except when I connect the controller to the cable modem.
11-19-2016 06:31 PM
I've continued troubleshooting this problem. If I put a small switch between the cable modem and my controller (7005) it will work. Whenever I have my controller directly connected to the cable modem no good; I'm not seeing anything in the ARP table. Do you think an OS upgrade or possibly downgrade could make a difference? I'm running version 126.96.36.199. This problem presented at another location the other day, same controller model and OS (7005 running 188.8.131.52). Thoughts??
11-20-2016 08:26 AM
Is it possible that you are using a crossover cable?
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
11-23-2016 08:26 PM
Today I had the ISP go to the site and replace the cable modem. Recap of problem:
Arubal 7005 controller running ver 184.108.40.206 connected to cable internet service from Cox Communications (cable modem was a Cisco DPC3021).
Nothing seemed to work when connecting the controller to the cable modem, after much troubleshooting as best as I can tell, it appears to be a hardware compatibility issue between the Cisco DPC 3021 and the Aruba 7005. Whenever the ISP (Cox Business) replaced the Cisco cable modem with a Motorola/Arris Surfboard 6183 it immediately came up and started working. Prior to that, the only way I could get it to work was to put a small switch (i.e. Linksys or something) between the two devices.
I have the exact same problem at another site (also exact same hardware involved); I have the vendor scheduled to replace the cable modem there also. I feel relatively certain this will fix the problem there also.